Luta dig tillbaka i salongen på Wikivoyage!
Salongen är ditt vattenhål på Wikivoyage. Oavsett vilken språkversion du arbetar med finns en salong, på andra språkversioner ofta kallad lounge, där du kan diskutera med andra wikiresenärer på det lokala språket. Om du alltså vill ställa en fråga eller starta en allmän diskussion rörande Wikivoyage och hur det fungerar, lämna ett meddelande längst ner på den här sidan under lämplig rubrik!
Beskriv med ett par ord vad det rör sig om i fönstret "Sammanfattning" innan du sparar sidan, så att andra som jobbar med Wikivoyage ser vad som är på gång. Underteckna genom att skriva fyra tilde-tecken: ~~~~, som automatiskt skriver ut användarnamn och tidpunkt.
Vill du svara på någon annans inlägg gör du på samma sätt, men lägger till ett (eller flera) kolontecken för att skapa ett indrag. På det sättet blir det lättare att följa diskussionen.
Salongen är allmän plats – bete dig hänsynsfullt! Tala vänligt, skvätt inte på andra och städa gärna ur salongen om du har tid. Gamla diskussioner arkiveras under länken nedan.
|Det finns arkiv för den här sidan. Vänligen redigera inte i arkiven, utan starta ett nytt ärende istället.
Löpande diskussioner och frågor[Redigera]
Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web[Redigera]
Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web
Hjälp till att översätta till ditt språk
In a few weeks the Readers web team will be changing how some templates look on the mobile web site. We will make these templates more noticeable when viewing the article. We ask for your help in updating any templates that don't look correct.
What kind of templates? Specifically templates that notify readers and contributors about issues with the content of an article – the text and information in the article. Examples like Template:Unreferenced or Template:More citations needed. Right now these notifications are hidden behind a link under the title of an article. We will format templates like these (mostly those that use Template:Ambox or message box templates in general) to show a short summary under the page title. You can tap on the "Learn more" link to get more information.
For template editors we have some recommendations on how to make templates that are mobile-friendly and also further documentation on our work so far.
If you have questions about formatting templates for mobile, please leave a note on the project talk page or file a task in Phabricator and we will help you.
CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 13 november 2018 kl. 20.35 (CET)
Gemenskapens önskelista är den process där Wikimediagemenskaperna bestämmer vad Wikimediastiftelsens Community Tech-arbetslag skall arbeta med under det kommande året.
Community Tech-arbetslaget fokuserar på verktyg för erfarna wikimedianer. Du kan nu rösta på de förslag som har lagts till och med 30 november. Du kan läsa mer på önskelistesidan.
22 november 2018 kl. 19.13 (CET)
will become a default feature on your wiki on November 28. This new interface allows you to perform specialized searches on the search page
, even if you don’t know any search syntax
. Advanced Search originates from the German Community’s Technical Wishes project
. It's already a default feature on German, Arabic, Farsi and Hungarian Wikipedia. Besides, more than 40.000 users across all wikis have tested the beta version. Feedback is welcome on the central feedback page
Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 26 november 2018 kl. 12.03 (CET)
New Wikimedia password policy and requirements[Redigera]
Hjälp till att översätta till ditt språk
The Wikimedia Foundation security team is implementing a new password policy and requirements. You can learn more about the project on MediaWiki.org.
These new requirements will apply to new accounts and privileged accounts. New accounts will be required to create a password with a minimum length of 8 characters. Privileged accounts will be prompted to update their password to one that is at least 10 characters in length.
These changes are planned to be in effect on December 13th. If you think your work or tools will be affected by this change, please let us know on the talk page.
CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 6 december 2018 kl. 21.03 (CET)
Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019[Redigera]
Hjälp till att översätta till ditt språk
Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.
Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.
The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.
The theme of 2019 iteration is Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.
Sign up your affiliate or individually at Participants page.
To know more about the contest, check out our Commons Page and FAQs
There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!
Wiki Loves Love Team
Imagine... the sum of all love!
--MediaWiki message delivery (diskussion) 27 december 2018 kl. 11.13 (CET)
FileExporter beta feature[Redigera]
Snart: betafunktionen FileExporter
En nya betafunktionen kommer snart att släppas på alla wikier: FileExporter. Det är ett verktyg som tillåter export av lokala filer på din wiki till Commons, inklusiv fil- och sidhistorik. Vilka filer som kan flyttas definieras av varje wikigemenskap: vill ni använda funktionen, kolla konfigurationsfilen.
FileExporter har redan varit en betafunktion på MediaWiki.org, Wikisource samt tyska-, farsi-, arabisk- och koreanskspråkiga Wikipedia. Efter att viss funktionalitet lagts till kommer den nu som betafunktion till alla wikier. Den beräknas släppas 16 januari. Läs mer på projektsidan.
Som alltid är återkoppling mycket uppskattad. Om du vill testa FileExporter, aktivera den i dina inställningar. Bästa stället för återkoppling är den centrala diskussionssidan. Tack från Wikimedia Tysklands tekniska önskningar-projekt.
Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 14 januari 2019 kl. 10.41 (CET)
No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January[Redigera]
You will not be able to edit
the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC
. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not
affected on this page
. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)
16 januari 2019 kl. 19.55 (CET)
Talk to us about talking[Redigera]
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning a global consultation about communication. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis, whatever their experience, their skills or their devices.
We are looking for input from as many different parts of the Wikimedia community as possible. It will come from multiple projects, in multiple languages, and with multiple perspectives.
We are currently planning the consultation. We need your help.
We need volunteers to help talk to their communities or user groups.
You can help by hosting a discussion at your wiki. Here's what to do:
- First, sign up your group here.
- Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group. This is not a vote or decision-making discussion: we are just collecting feedback.
- Then ask people what they think about communication processes. We want to hear stories and other information about how people communicate with each other on and off wiki. Please consider asking these five questions:
- When you want to discuss a topic with your community, what tools work for you, and what problems block you?
- What about talk pages works for newcomers, and what blocks them?
- What do others struggle with in your community about talk pages?
- What do you wish you could do on talk pages, but can't due to the technical limitations?
- What are the important aspects of a "wiki discussion"?
- Finally, please go to Talk pages consultation 2019 on Mediawiki.org and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public.
You can also help build the list of the many different ways people talk to each other.
Not all groups active on wikis or around wikis use the same way to discuss things: it can happen on wiki, on social networks, through external tools... Tell us how your group communicates.
You can read more about the overall process on mediawiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can leave feedback about the consultation process in the language you prefer.
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
Trizek (WMF) 21 februari 2019 kl. 16.01 (CET)
Syntax i lista över användarbidrag[Redigera]
I listan över användares bidrag står i förekommande fall ordet "Senaste" inom dubbla parenteser, exempelvis så här:
Det må vara en liten och ganska insignifikant detalj, men varför är det så, och går det att åtgärda? –Tommy Kronkvist (diskussion), 15 mars 2019 kl. 10.46 (CET).
- Möjligen, om man lyckas klura ut vilken MediaWiki-parameter som skall ändras. Jag kan nog göra ändringen i sig, men det finns en oändlig massa parametrar, tusentals... Riggwelter (diskussion) 23 mars 2019 kl. 23.51 (CET)
- Var hittar man dem? Är det någon särskild fil, eller måste man titta efter i alla filer i MediaWiki-namespace..? Jag ska inte rota runt i några Mediawiki-parametrar här på Wikivoyage (och förmodligen räcker heller inte mina användarrättigheter till för att göra det) men jag kan kanske ha nytta av informationen när jag redigerar på Wikispecies. Mvh, Tommy Kronkvist (diskussion), 24 mars 2019 kl. 04.25 (CET).
Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[Redigera]
Man kommer inte kunna redigera
de flesta Wikimediawikier för upp till 30 minuter 11 april 05:00 UTC
(07:00 svensk tid, 06:00 finländsk tid). Detta beror på ett hårdvarufel. Man kan fortfarande läsa wikierna. Man kan se vilka wikier som påverkas
. Tiden du inte kan redigera kan vara kortare än 30 minuter. /Johan (WMF)
8 april 2019 kl. 12.56 (CEST)
Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[Redigera]
Hjälp till att översätta till ditt språk
The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal
covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page
, by April 20. Tack! Quiddity (WMF)
) 12 april 2019 kl. 19.35 (CEST)
Re-thinking where to put the focus on - the collaborative creation of the "List of articles every Wikivoyage should have" on Meta[Redigera]
One of the issues with any wiki site is that unless the editor community agrees upon where it is mostly important to put most efforts, usually everyone just improves random articles without knowing what to prioritize... this becomes a bigger issue with the smaller communities where if there are only two or three active editors... they would usually create mostly random stubs that aren’t of much interest to their readers, just because most people wouldn’t know on the top of the head what travel destinations are of most interest to people.
In order to tackle this issue, some wiki sites develop a vital/core article list based on the consensus in that community, which could be used both as a way to focus most efforts where they are most needed (for example, by encouarging the editors to make as many Guide articles and Star articles from all the articles on the core articles list) but also as a way to encourage the other parallel editions of that wiki to create the articles deemed to be the most vital articles as well.
I especially like Wikipedia’s vital articles list... but also Meta’s List of articles every Wikipedia should have.
I think that the existence of such a list, that might even be of use here at the Swedish Wikivoyage, would be especially important as it would inspire all the smaller editions of Wikivoyage to make sure that the articles which are of the most interest to their readers are the ones in which most efforts are directed towards + that a priority would be given to improving the quality of the most prominent and sought after articles.
As such I decided to plunge forward and create a draft for this list at Meta. It currently includes exactly 1,000 articles. The list isn't finished! Please help us improve the list by going over it, making note of the articles you think are missing from it, and suggesting them at the discussion page of that page at meta. ויקיג'אנקי (diskussion) 15 juni 2019 kl. 15.37 (CEST)
Editing News #1—July 2019[Redigera]
Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Did you know?
Did you know that you can use the visual editor on a mobile device?
Every article has a pencil icon at the top. Tap on the pencil icon to start editing.
This is what the new Edit Cards for editing links in the mobile visual editor look like. You can try the prototype here: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
Welcome back to the Editing newsletter.
Since the last newsletter, the team has released two new features for the mobile visual editor and has started developing three more. All of this work is part of the team's goal to make editing on mobile web simpler.
Before talking about the team's recent releases, we have a question for you:
Are you willing to try a new way to add and change links?
If you are interested, we would value your input! You can try this new link tool in the mobile visual editor on a separate wiki.
Follow these instructions and share your experience:
📲 Try Edit Cards.
The mobile visual editor is a simpler editing tool, for smartphones and tablets using the mobile site. The Editing team recently launched two new features to improve the mobile visual editor:
- Section editing
- The purpose is to help contributors focus on their edits.
- The team studied this with an A/B test. This test showed that contributors who could use section editing were 1% more likely to publish the edits they started than people with only full-page editing.
- Loading overlay
- The purpose is to smooth the transition between reading and editing.
Section editing and the new loading overlay are now available to everyone using the mobile visual editor.
New and active projects[Redigera]
This is a list of our most active projects. Watch these pages to learn about project updates and to share your input on new designs, prototypes and research findings.
- Edit cards: This is a clearer way to add and edit links, citations, images, templates, etc. in articles. You can try this feature now. Go here to see how: 📲 Try Edit Cards.
- Mobile toolbar refresh: This project will learn if contributors are more successful when the editing tools are easier to recognize.
- Mobile visual editor availability: This A/B test asks: Are newer contributors more successful if they use the mobile visual editor? We are collaborating with 20 Wikipedias to answer this question.
- Usability improvements: This project will make the mobile visual editor easier to use. The goal is to let contributors stay focused on editing and to feel more confident in the editing tools.
- Wikimania: Several members of the Editing Team will be attending Wikimania in August 2019. They will lead a session about mobile editing in the Community Growth space. Talk to the team about how editing can be improved.
- Talk Pages: In the coming months, the Editing Team will begin improving talk pages and communication on the wikis.
The VisualEditor on mobile is a good place to learn more about the projects we are working on. The team wants to talk with you about anything related to editing. If you have something to say or ask, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
23 juli 2019 kl. 20.32 (CEST)
Update on the consultation about office actions[Redigera]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 16 augusti 2019 kl. 10.03 (CEST)
New tools and IP masking[Redigera]
The Wikimedia Foundation wants to work on two things that affect how we patrol changes and handle vandalism and harassment. We want to make the tools that are used to handle bad edits better. We also want to get better privacy for unregistered users so their IP addresses are no longer shown to everyone in the world. We would not hide IP addresses until we have better tools for patrolling.
We have an idea of what tools could be working better and how a more limited access to IP addresses would change things, but we need to hear from more wikis. You can read more about the project on Meta and post comments and feedback. Now is when we need to hear from you to be able to give you better tools to handle vandalism, spam and harassment.
You can post in your language if you can't write in English.
21 augusti 2019 kl. 16.19 (CEST)
The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[Redigera]
In a recent statement, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees requested that staff hold a consultation to "re-evaluat[e] or add community input to the two new office action policy tools (temporary and partial Foundation bans)".
Accordingly, the Foundation's Trust & Safety team invites all Wikimedians to join this consultation and give their feedback from 30 September to 30 October.
How can you help?
- Suggest how partial and temporary Foundation bans should be used, if they should (eg: On all projects, or only on a subset);
- Give ideas about how partial and temporary Foundation bans should ideally implemented, if they should be; and/or
- Propose changes to the existing Office Actions policy on partial and temporary bans.
We offer our thanks in advance for your contributions, and we hope to get as much input as possible from community members during this consultation!
-- Kbrown (WMF) 30 september 2019 kl. 19.14 (CEST)
Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[Redigera]
Hjälp till att översätta till ditt språk
Hallå. The Readers Web team at the WMF will work on some improvements to the desktop interface over the next couple of years. The goal is to increase usability without removing any functionality. We have been inspired by changes made by volunteers, but that currently only exist as local gadgets and user scripts, prototypes, and volunteer-led skins. We would like to begin the process of bringing some of these changes into the default experience on all Wikimedia projects.
We are currently in the research stage of this project and are looking for ideas for improvements, as well as feedback on our current ideas and mockups. So far, we have performed interviews with community members at Wikimania. We have gathered lists of previous volunteer and WMF work in this area. We are examining possible technical approaches for such changes.
We would like individual feedback on the following:
- Identifying focus areas for the project we have not yet discovered
- Expanding the list of existing gadgets and user scripts that are related to providing a better desktop experience. If you can think of some of these from your wiki, please let us know
- Feedback on the ideas and mockups we have collected so far
We would also like to gather a list of wikis that would be interested in being test wikis for this project - these wikis would be the first to receive the updates once we’re ready to start building.
When giving feedback, please consider the following goals of the project:
- Make it easier for readers to focus on the content
- Provide easier access to everyday actions (e.g. search, language switching, editing)
- Put things in logical and useful places
- Increase consistency in the interface with other platforms - mobile web and the apps
- Eliminate clutter
- Plan for future growth
As well as the following constraints:
- Not touching the content - no work will be done in terms of styling templates or to the structure of page contents themselves
- Not removing any functionality - things might move around, but all navigational items and other functionality currently available by default will remain
- No drastic changes to the layout - we're taking an evolutionary approach to the changes and want the site to continue feeling familiar to readers and editors
Please give all feedback (in any language) at mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements
After this round of feedback, we plan on building a prototype of suggested changes based on the feedback we receive. You’ll hear from us again asking for feedback on this prototype.
Tack! Quiddity (WMF) (talk)
16 oktober 2019 kl. 09.15 (CEST)
Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pages[Redigera]
Läs på ett annat språk • Prenumerationslista för detta flerspråkiga nyhetsbrev
Inside this newsletter, the Editing team talks about their work on the mobile visual editor, on the new talk pages project, and at Wikimania 2019.
What talk page interactions do you remember? Is it a story about how someone helped you to learn something new? Is it a story about how someone helped you get involved in a group? Something else? Whatever your story is, we want to hear it!
Berätta hur du har använt en diskussionssida. Dela en länk till en minnesvärd diskussion eller sammanfatta den på det här projektets diskussionssida. Teamet vill gärna ha dina exempel. Dessa kommer att hjälpa oss att skapa en gemensam förståelse för vad det här projektet borde stödja och uppmuntra.
The Talk Pages Consultation was a global consultation to define better tools for wiki communication. From February through June 2019, more than 500 volunteers on 20 wikis, across 15 languages and multiple projects, came together with members of the Foundation to create a product direction for a set of discussion tools. The Phase 2 Report of the Talk Page Consultation was published in August. It summarizes the product direction the team has started to work on, which you can read more about here: Talk Page Project project page.
The team needs and wants your help at this early stage. They are starting to develop the first idea. Please add your name to the "Getting involved" section of the project page, if you would like to hear about opportunities to participate.
Den visuella redigeraren för mobila enheter[Redigera]
The Editing team is trying to make it simpler to edit on mobile devices. The team is changing the visual editor on mobile. If you have something to say about editing on a mobile device, please leave a message at Talk:VisualEditor on mobile.
What happens when you click on a link. The new Edit Card is bigger and has more options for editing links.
- In September, the Editing team updated the mobile visual editor's editing toolbar. Anyone could see these changes in the mobile visual editor.
- One toolbar: All of the editing tools are located in one toolbar. Previously, the toolbar changed when you clicked on different things.
- New navigation: The buttons for moving forward and backward in the edit flow have changed.
- Seamless switching: an improved workflow for switching between the visual and wikitext modes.
- Feedback: You can try the refreshed toolbar by opening the mobile VisualEditor on a smartphone. Please post your feedback on the Toolbar feedback talk page.
Redigerarteamet besökte Wikimania 2019 i Sverige. They led a session on the mobile visual editor and a session on the new talk pages project. They tested two new features in the mobile visual editor with contributors. You can read more about what the team did and learned in the team's report on Wikimania 2019.
- Talk Pages Project: The team is thinking about the first set of proposed changes. The team will be working with a few communities to pilot those changes. The best way to stay informed is by adding your username to the list on the project page: Getting involved.
- Testing the mobile visual editor as the default: The Editing team plans to post results before the end of the calendar year. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: VisualEditor as mobile default project page.
- Measuring the impact of Edit Cards: This study asks whether the project helped editors add links and citations. The Editing team hopes to share results in November. The best way to stay informed is by adding the project page to your watchlist: Edit Cards project page.
– PPelberg (WMF) (talk) & Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk)
29 oktober 2019 kl. 12.13 (CET)
The 2020 Community Wishlist Survey is now open! This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on November 11, 2019, or comment on other proposals to help make them better.
This year, we’re exclusively focusing on smaller projects (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). We want to help these projects and provide meaningful improvements to diverse communities. If you’re a member of any of these projects, please participate in the survey! To submit proposals, see the guidelines on the survey page. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals!
IFried (WMF) 4 november 2019 kl. 20.30 (CET)
Making the Content Translation Tool available for Wikivoyage[Redigera]
I don't know if you all have ever tried Wikipedia's Content translation Tool, but i'll just say that this is a very strong tool that has helped the Wikipedia community translate A LOT of articles between the various Wikipedia editions (mostly translations of articles from the English Wikipedia to the smaller Wikipedia editions).
So far this tool is only used in Wikipedia.
As part of the current Community Wishlist Survey, a suggestion has been brought forward to make this tool available for all Wikivoyage editions as well:
If you support making this tool available for Wikivoyage as well, please add your vote in that page. ויקיג'אנקי (diskussion) 29 november 2019 kl. 21.36 (CET)